Teams at the Foothills Learning Center and Boise Urban Garden School plan to host a variety of programs during the winter and spring of 2021 with health and safety protocols in place. All classes and activities will be held outdoors whenever possible with attention to physical distancing and limited class sizes. Masks will be required for staff and participants (we have extras on hand if you need one). For more information on COVID-19 precautions, email to be connected with a program manager. Classes start the first week in March.
Foothills Learning Center
- Our popular Outdoor Preschool program is back with three sessions for families looking to immerse their children in nature and environmental learning. Sessions run 9 a.m.-12 p.m. or 1 p.m. to 4pm. Cost is $210 a month for three days a week. Click here to view availability and register online. Currently, morning session in March and Bobcat themed session in March has a waitlist. Spots still available in afternoon session in March.
- Want to explore the outdoors with your little one? Sign up for our parent and child Explore Nature class. This program is offered twice a month – once on Sunday morning and again on Monday evening. Cost is $6 for child and parent participation. Learn more (registration is required).
- Outdoor Field Study is an opportunity for students to experience environmental learning after the school day ends, whether you’ve been in person or remote learning. We’re offering programs for kids ages 9 to 12-years-old on Mondays and Fridays and kids ages six to eight on Wednesdays.
- Our Friday Afternoon Preschool program is held every Friday (starting March 2021) for kids ages 3.5 to five-years-old. Sign-up for hands-on outdoor education.
Boise Urban Garden School
- Our Friday Afternoon Preschool program is held every Friday (starting March 2021) for kids ages 3.5 to five-years-old. Sign-up for hands-on outdoor education – all sessions incorporate a food component.
- Outdoor Field Study is also back at BUGS! Get outside, meet some friends, and experience environmental learning once the school day ends. We’re hosting kids ages six to eight-years-old on Thursdays and ages 9 to 12-years-old on Wednesdays. We even have a Pre-K option on Tuesdays. Visit our online registration system to learn more and sign up.