Water Renewal Facility Tours
- Grades K - Adults
- Boise WaterShed
- WaterShed Weekends - Tours are free and begin at 11:30 a.m. in the Boise WaterShed Theater.
- WaterShed Wednesdays - Free tours are offered every Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. during the summer months.
- Group Visits - Groups of 10 or more people may book a free tour during the week by contacting the Boise WaterShed at least two weeks in advance.
For your safety and enjoyment, please be aware of the following guidelines:
- The tour is for adults and children ages 4 and above. No strollers are allowed.
- The tour is approximately a one-mile walk roundtrip. Please notify Boise WaterShed staff in advance if there are any participants with physical disabilities and accommodations will be made.
- The majority of the tour is outdoors. Dress appropriately for the weather. In the summer, it is advised to bring water, sunscreen, and insect repellent. In the winter, the tour will be cancelled if ice or snow is present.
- Closed-toe shoes are required.
- Hard hats are required and are provided by Boise WaterShed.
- Disruptive behavior or tampering with equipment will not be tolerated.
- Smoking, eating, or drinking are not permitted during the tour.
- Tour groups may come in contact with facility doors, railings, and treated effluent that could contain bacteria. Tour participation is at your own risk.
- All participants will be required to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer after the tour.
Idaho Science Standards
ESS3-5-1, PS1-MS-3, ESS3-MS-4, ESS3-MS-5, LS2-HS-3, LS2-HS-6, ESS3-HS-4