Water Renewal Facility Tours
- Grades 5 - Adults
- 60 minutes
- Boise WaterShed
During this outdoor walking tour, students will be introduced to the step-by-step process of water renewal and learn how to help protect our water quality. Sustainable processes from the microorganisms to the methane and biosolids farm will be presented.
Class size 10 – 30 students, up to 60 students per field trip. Ask about bussing reimbursement
For your safety and enjoyment, please be aware of the following guidelines:
- The tour is approximately a one-mile walk roundtrip. Please notify Boise WaterShed staff in advance if there are any participants with physical disabilities and accommodations will be made.
- The majority of the tour is outdoors. Dress appropriately for the weather. In the winter, the tour will be cancelled if ice or snow is present.
- Closed-toe shoes are required.
- Hard hats are required and are provided by Boise WaterShed.
- Disruptive behavior or tampering with equipment will not be tolerated.
- Smoking, eating, or drinking are not permitted during the tour.
- Tour groups may come in contact with facility doors, railings, and treated effluent that could contain bacteria. Tour participation is at your own risk.
- All participants will be required to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer after the tour.