Fall 2020 Outdoor Field Study
Join Boise Parks and Recreation for our new Outdoor Field Study program, geared toward students participating in virtual learning during the 2020-2021 school year. These two-and-a-half hour afternoon sessions are designed to get youth outside and keep them active and engaged through environmental education. Our team members at the Boise Urban Garden School (2995 W. Five Mile Rd.) and the Foothills Learning Center (3188 Sunset Peak Rd.) will facilitate hands-on activities and lessons covering a new topic each week. Cost is $10 per student per session. This is a drop-off program and supervision will be provided by the facility.
Sessions start Monday, September 14 and continue each weekday afternoon, Monday through Friday.
Foothills Learning Center
Here are the age/grade breakdowns and time slots for the Foothills Learning Center:
- Pre-K—K (ages 5-6) – Mondays from 2 to 4:30 p.m.
- 1st -2nd Grade (ages 6-7) – Tuesdays from 2 to 4:30 p.m.
- 3rd – 4th Grade (ages 8-9) – Wednesdays from 2 to 4:30 p.m.
- 5th – 6th Grade (ages 10-11) – Thursdays from 2 to 4:30 p.m.
- Ages 12-18 (Foothills Hike) – Fridays from 2 to 4:30 p.m.*
*This teen session is $8 per student
Boise Urban Garden School (BUGS)
Here are the age/grade breakdowns and time slots for the Boise Urban Garden School:
- 3rd—4th Grade (ages 8-9) – Mondays from 2 to 4:30 p.m.
- 5th—6th Grade (ages 10-11) – Tuesdays from 2 to 4:30 p.m.
- Pre-K—K (ages 5-6) – Wednesdays from 2 to 4:30 p.m.
- 1st—2nd Grade (ages 6-7) – Thursdays from 2 to 4:30 p.m.
- Little Gardeners Preschool Drop-Off (ages 3.5-5) – Fridays from 1 to 4 p.m.
Students should bring their own water bottle and wear clothes that can get wet and/or dirty. Please also make sure your child has a mask (we will have some disposable ones available at each site in case students need them).