The Boise WaterShed is open! The following safety measures are in place in the exhibit hall and outdoor river campus to help reduce the risk of community spread of COVID-19:
- Face masks are required on all guests age 2 and older in the exhibit hall.
- Face masks are not required outside in the river campus, unless participating in a program or within 6 feet of other guests.
- Physical distancing between groups is required.
- Staff will clean touched surfaces frequently throughout the day.
- Field trips will be limited to 30 students.
Please note that construction is taking place on east Joplin Road from October 4 - 31. Access the Boise WaterShed on West Joplin Road by entering from the light at Cloverdale and Chinden.
Monday - Friday 9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Third Saturday of each month 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
The 2-acre outdoor River Campus simulates a journey through our watershed from the headwaters to the Snake River using public art and a simulated Boise River water feature in a park-like setting. Children can splash and build rock dams in the shallow water feature, crawl through sewer pipes, and explore nature play pockets along a trail!
The LEED-Certified education center contains more than 15 hands-on exhibits, a library and a theater. Exhibit highlights include an augmented reality sandbox and a photo booth to capture yourself hovering over a geothermal aquifer!
Events & Activities
The Boise WaterShed offers free, year-round activities and events for all ages. Visitors can explore the education center and adjacent river campus during normal business hours.