We are now open!
Safety measures are in place to protect our visitors and employees. You can expect the following changes:
- Per the July 2nd Public Health Order 20-10, Face Coverings Required. Every person, shall, when in any indoor or outdoor public place, completely cover their nose and mouth, when members of the public are physically present for otherwise unprotected social interaction.
- Social distancing between family groups will be required.
- A staff will greet you and provide safety instructions.
- The outdoor river campus has a maximum capacity of 50 people.
- The exhibit hall is closed, but restrooms remain open.
- Staff will clean touched surfaces throughout the day.
- Hand sanitation stations are available inside and outside.
- Some events will require free tickets. Check the Calendar for details.
Learning Resources at Home
Find learning resources for home - from story time, worksheets and teacher resources - on our WaterShed At Home page.
Located at the West Boise Water Renewal Facility, the Boise WaterShed introduces you to water protection and conservation through hands-on exhibits and the largest concentration of public art in the state of Idaho!
The Boise WaterShed is a partnership between the Boise Public Works Department and the non-profit organization, Boise WaterShed Exhibits, Inc.
Monday - Friday: 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Closed Holidays)
The 2-acre outdoor River Campus simulates a journey through our watershed from the headwaters to the Snake River using public art and a simulated Boise River water feature in a park-like setting. Children can crawl through a sewer pipe and make nature art in the nature play pockets within the interactive trail.
The LEED-Certified education center contains more than 15 hands-on exhibits, a library and a theater. Exhibit highlights include a photo booth to capture yourself hovering over a 3D geothermal aquifer and an augmented reality sandbox!
Events & Activities
Boise WaterShed has determined that in-person field trips for Summer and Fall 2020 are suspended. We encourage you to book a virtual field trip with us!
The Boise WaterShed offers free, year-round activities and events for all ages. Visitors can explore the education center and adjacent river campus during normal business hours. Groups of 10 or more people must make a reservation at least two weeks in advance for free lessons and tours. Lessons are conducted on-site, at the nearby Boise River and ponds, or Hyatt Wetlands. Outreach lessons are offered to Boise and West Ada School Districts September - May only.
Bussing reimbursement is available for the 2020-2021 school year.