Download these free resources for use with kids of all ages. Keep the faucet of knowledge flowing!
Share Your Experience – Did you participate in one of the family activities below? Share a picture on our Facebook page to share your progress with us!
Activities, Crafts and Overviews
- Boise WaterShed Bingo (PDF)
- Boise WaterShed Word Search (PDF)
- Eddy Trout Coloring Page (PDF)
- Water Cycle Wheel Craft (PDF)
- Water Renewal Process Overview (PDF)
Hyatt Wetlands Resources (PDFs)
Explore the Hyatt Hidden Lakes Reserve located at 5301 N. Maple Grove Road, Boise with these resources.
Join us each week for fun and informative activity, demonstration or experiment to learn more about water or our environment and how you can protect it!
- Become an Engineer at home!
WaterShed Kids: Life Cycle of Trash
- Do you know the life cycle of your trash? Join Aimee Hughes, Water Education Coordinator with the Boise WaterShed, as she demonstrates how long it takes your trash to decompose.
Download your Life Cycle of Trash worksheet HERE
- WaterShed Kids : Catching Macroinvertebrates in the Boise River
- Download the Macroinvertibrates worksheet HERE
- WaterShed Kids: Eddy Trout Exploration Activity
- WaterShed Kids: Scat Matching Game
- View past videos
WaterShed Weekly Challenge
Welcome to the WaterShed Weekly Challenge. Every week during the summer the Boise WaterShed will release one challenge for people at home to complete. These challenges will focus on a STEM topic and each completed challenge will give you one raffle ticket for a chance to win a family membership to the Discovery Center of Idaho.
- Week 1: Water Audit Challenge
- Week 2: Plant a Plant Challenge
- Week 3: Let's Talk Trash Challenge
- Week 4: Bugs and Macros Challenge
- Week 5: Biomimicry Challenge
- Week 6: O-Fish-Al Challenge
- Week 7: Earthquakes
- Week 8: Weather & Wind
- Week 9: Tracks and Scat
- Week 10: Water Footprint
- Week 11: Boise River Watershed
- Week 12: Take a Hike
S.T.R.E.A.M. Story Time
Join us for S.T.R.E.A.M. (science, technology, reading, engineering, art, & math) story time! Every week we will read a book and also offer a demonstration, art project, craft or activity that aligns with the theme of the story. Free downloadable PDFs of the weekly activities will be available for you to print and complete at home.
- "Why Water's Worth It" by Lori Harrison
- "Oh Say Can You Seed" by Dr. Seuss
- "Michael Recycle" by Ellie Bethel
- Trout are Made of Trees
- Rosie Revere, Engineer by Andrea Beaty
Interactive Learning Website
From our partners at Project WET, explore the free site DiscoverWater.org for a self-directed educational resource about different water topics for children ages 7-12. Play games to learn about the water cycle, the food we eat, the weather and more!
More free activities from our city partners can be found at Be Well Boise.