The Boise WaterShed is open! We're excited to welcome you back! The following safety measures are in place in the exhibit hall and outdoor river campus to help reduce the risk of community spread of COVID-19:
- Face masks are encouraged on all guests age 2 and older in the exhibit hall.
- Face masks are not required outside in the river campus, unless participating in a program or within 6 feet of other guests.
- Physical distancing between groups is required.
- Staff will clean touched surfaces frequently throughout the day.
- Field trips will be limited to 30 students.
Monday - Friday 9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Third Saturday of each month 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
The 2-acre outdoor River Campus simulates a journey through our watershed from the headwaters to the Snake River using public art and a simulated Boise River water feature in a park-like setting. Children can splash and build rock dams in the shallow water feature, crawl through sewer pipes, and explore nature play pockets along a trail!
The LEED-Certified education center contains more than 15 hands-on exhibits, a library and a theater. Exhibit highlights include an augmented reality sandbox and a photo booth to capture yourself hovering over a geothermal aquifer!
Events & Activities
The Boise WaterShed offers free, year-round activities and events for all ages. Visitors can explore the education center and adjacent river campus during normal business hours.